Success! Practical School and Home Strategies for Kids with High-Functioning Autism
- This 3-part class is for parents and family members of students with high-functioning autism, teachers (general and special educators), related service staff, administrators.
- This is an excellent training to learn effective strategies for communication, behavior, management, social development, and self-regulation skills.
- Classes are scheduled for the following dates, times, and locations:
- April 8, 2015
- April 22, 2015
- May 6, 2015
- All classes are held at the ASB Auditorium (7905 S. Redwood Road)
- 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Please click here, or on the class title above, for an informational flier containing registration and other details.
Annual Agency Fair
The annual Agency Fair is a multi-district event for students with disabilities, parents, families, and educators to learn more about community agencies that provide support and services for students, especially as they prepare for post-high school education, employment and independent living. Agency representatives will be available to answer questions and offer information regarding many services such as: employment, family support programs, guardianship, independent living, transition programs, and much, much more.
The Agency Fair is co-sponsored by the Utah State Office of Education, Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD), Salt Lake Community College, and the following School Districts: Canyons, Granite, Murray, Salt Lake City, and Jordan.
- Agency Fair 2016 - More Information Coming!
- Date: Spring 2016 TBD
- Time: 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Location: TBD
The Utah Parent Center is sponsoring the following monthly transition to adult life mini-conference:
Click on the link, above, for a list of classes, registration information, and other details. The monthly topics of the mini-conferences are as follows:
- November 20, 2014: Adult Services
- January 15, 2015: Transition Panel and Q&A with Agency Representatives
- February 19, 2015: Journey to Adulthood: Teaching your Student about Puberty and Sexuality
- March 19, 2015: Healthy Transitions
- April 16, 2015: Preparing Special Needs Students for College and Other Options